In this episode, Brian and Dave dive into a topic that everyone has either participated in or received spam selling.
Email and LinkedIn especially are places where you can receive a lot of unsolicited selling. Although the selling philosophy of “Some will, some won’t, so what” and “Sales is a numbers game” is 100% appreciated, there is a right way and wrong way to go about building a relationship and making a sale.
Things NOT TO DO:
- Don’t make impersonal introductions.
- Don’t scrap titles and companies into messages. Obvious and not genuine.
- Don’t copy and paste the same message to everyone.
- Don’t spam every one of your connections with your product or offering. It probably doesn’t fit every person’s needs.
- Don’t ask to “Steal 5 minutes” or tell them you’re “Not selling” when in fact you are!
Thing TO DO:
- Engage in your connections content.
- Acknowledge content in the direct message.
- Compliment the content its ok to stroke the ego of your prospective customer.
- PLAY THE LONG GAME! Don’t expect meeting or sale in first couple interactions.
- Provide value by continuing to engage and show interest business or content.
- It’s ok to give intro to your company without asking for meeting or sale.
- Take the time to personalize communication to the individual you are reaching out to. It will go a long way.
Listen to this fun episode to hear Brian and Dave giving examples and sharing how to do it right!
The Forks Over Knives Plan: How to Transition to the Life-Saving, Whole-Food, Plant-Based Diet (LINK)
Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook: How to Tell Your Story in a Noisy Social World (LINK)