Google is trying to provide an answer to most questions without the need to go to a company’s website. That is not a good thing. People can still get directed to your website and you need to keep it fresh and user friendly. However, customers will now be able to get your phone number, address, directions, check out pictures of your business or read testimonials, all from your Google My Business profile.
Why is Google My Business important
8 Google My Business Optimization Tips to Rank Higher on google search and help customers find you. A great way to do this is to optimize your Google My Business interface.
- Claim your business so you can optimize it
- Consistent NAP (name, address, phone)
- Are your opening and closing times correct?
- Write a great description, use the experience to help optimize it
- Utilize all characters. Include keywords (words and phrases your customers are searching for) that you would want to show for in Google.
- Upload high-quality photos and videos of your food and restaurant.
- Keep adding photos and encouraging customers to add photos until you have 5 times as many as your competitors.
- This is a new place to post your content.
- Encourage reviews from customers.
- Reply to all your reviews on Google My Business.
- Yes, even the bad ones.
- Get printable marketing kits from Google for free. https://marketingkit.withgoogle.com/
- Make sure you have 3 categories assigned to your business.
- ANALYTICS: Review Google My Business Insights.
- What are your competitors doing?
- Compare the number of photos, reviews, etc.
- Download Google My Business App
- Review your insight queries
- More advanced. This the type of searches your business is showing for. Make posts about these keywords.
- Start today
- Add as much information as you can
- Be professional and authentic with content
- Update regularly
- Review analytics
- Engage with your customers