IN the Trenches: Listener question Angela from Ingonish is a Canadian rural community in northeastern Victoria County, Nova Scotia
This is my understanding of the two questions.
How to know when to delegate?
- The things that are not important. Delegate it!
- Things that you hate doing. Delegate it!
- Do not let your ego get in the way. Do not let your insecurities get in the way. Delegate it!
- Trust people: I am giving you trust and it is yours to lose.
- You could do it a 10.0 but if you delegate it the job will only get done at an 8.0. Delegate it.
- Delegating is important because it allows you to move fast.
How to stay motivated?
- They get overwhelmed by the goal or the end result. Love the journey. You will hit adversity and if you dwell on it the past will cripple you.
- Keep moving forward.
- Stop caring about what other people have or think. Focus on that you have and gratitude.
- IF YOU PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT YOU HAVE, THAT IS ALL THE MOTIVATION YOU NEED TO CONTINUE PUSHING TOWARD YOUR GOALS. TOO MANY TIMES PEOPLE DWELL ON ADVERSITY AND WHAT THEY DON’T HAVE, AND IT IS THE END FOR THEM BEFORE IT EVEN BEGINS.
- Focus on serving others.