It is about YOU, not them.
We have probably all heard the quote: “Show me your friends and I will show you your future.”
Maybe even our parents have said: “If you keep hanging around those friends you’re going to become them”
Jim Rohn made famous the quote: “You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with.” This comes from the theory of the Law of averages which states the Results of any given outcome will be the average of all outcomes.
G.A.M.E. of Life: Gratitude, Attitude, Mindset, Enjoy – Episode 6
- How would you rate the 5 people in your life in each category?
- How does this affect your life?
- Do you notice it?
Think back to when you had different friends in your life… how was life different?
I feel you want to have a good mix of The G.A.M.E. – People that pull you up and people that you pull up.
How does this effect your restaurant?
- Perception is reality – Your kids see you and your employees see you.
- Are you associating with people in the industry that pull you up?
- Local Restaurant Operators are cut from the same cloth… use this to your advantage.
- Doesn’t always have to be a competition. There is enough business to go around.
- Most successful people want to help others. You may be surprised if you find someone that wants to help.
- When you get advice from successful people you should always follow up and do the work. You may find yourself a potential mentor!
- Make connections at tradeshows – Follow up and offer help.
- Spend time and Take care of your main employees that help your business run.